Everyone’s talking about carrying a few extra stones around their middle thanks to quarantine eating. We’re here with a steady fix to that problem! It doesn’t have to be this way! This post is your motivation to get off the couch and up onto your iROCKER, and it’s loaded with our tips to stay fit with SUP when your gym is closed.
Here’s How to Get More Fitness from Your iSUP — If you’re a cross-trainer type who wants the best burn per hour of fitness but your gym is closed, then read on for our tips for getting more out of your SUP routine.
SUP Fitness for Beginners — If you’re thinking about taking up SUP or a beginner, we’ve got your back, too. Read on for some newbie-friendly SUP tips and a killer sale price on the all-new NAUTICAL board.
Tips to Keep Your Family Fit with iSUP — Being stuck at home with the entire family is fun until it isn’t. Mix things up with some fun and family-friendly stand up paddle boarding.
Here’s How to Get More Fitness from Your iSUP
Vetera SUPers are not loving lockdown. We’re with you! So here are some of our team’s ideas for getting more fitness from your iSUP.
- Shake off the lockdown doldrums with an all-new iSUP routine. Maybe this is a good time to try SUP yoga. Or maybe you’ve been thinking of taking your pup for a little SUP. (Try it. He’ll love it!) Think outside the box for new ways to work harder and keep your mind stimulated with a new SUP activity.
- Think ahead. Do you have to drive a little longer due to closed waterways? Don’t sweat it. Instead, plan ahead, arrive ready, and plan to get maximum SUP per minute. By the way, if you don’t already own the amazing electric SUP pump, this is a great time to get one.
- Challenge yourself to iSUP kayaking. You might be surprised how many muscles you’ll work (or the amazing things you’ll see gliding along so close to the water).
SUP Fitness for Beginners
This is a great time for SUP newbies to get their feet wet with our favorite sport. If you’ve never tried SUP, this is your time to shine!
Many newbies want to know about pricing, equipment, and technique. Check out these tips for getting started with iSUP:
Insider Tip: Sale prices!
Before we get to the nitty-gritty of board prices and all of that, let’s talk about how to choose the right stand up paddle board for a rookie SUPer.
With the launch of 2020, iROCKER launched an all-new and utterly beautiful stand up paddle board specially designed for beginners. We call it the NAUTICAL and you’re going to love it! Check it out here:
Now, let’s talk about what makes NAUTICAL special:
- 1 NAUTICAL 32″ Wide Inflatable Paddle Board
- 1 NAUTICAL Back Pack
- 1 Adjustable Fiberglass Paddle
- 1 NAUTICAL Ankle Leash
- New Single Chamber, Dual Action Hand pump
- 1 Repair Kit
- Free Standard Shipping to Europe
- And it’s priced at only £369.00!
While you wait for your gorgeous new NAUTICAL to arrive by post, you can take some time to study up on how to SUP. It’s simple enough with a bit of practice, but there are some things you want to know. Let’s talk about these.
- It’s important to inflate your board correctly. An under-inflated or over-inflated board is not your mate, so learning proper inflation and deflation is key. See this video for our tips for how to inflate your board properly.
- Popping up on your board is key to a good start. Popping up seems simple enough but a bit of practice on steady ground is always a good idea. And once you’re on your board, plan ahead for some wobbles and falls. It’s part of the fun!
- Learn the right iSUP skills.way to paddle. For example, you’ll note that the paddle is angled. Some new stand up paddlers might turn the “scoop” the wrong way. See this diagram for the right way to hold your paddle and you’ll be good to go:
Tips to Keep Your Family Fit with iSUP
Quarantine lock-down is fun ‘til it’s not. Too many weeks at home with the whole family can rattle anyone’s nerves. We have the perfect solution: family-friendly iSUP!
If you’ve got just one board for yourself, you can pop one of the munchkins on your board for a bit of fun for them and an extra workout for yourself.
If your little ones are big enough for their own board, scroll back up for the details on the NAUTICAL.
Tell Us How You’re Staying Fit with iSUP When Gyms are Closed
How are you staying fit with iSUP when gyms are closed? We want to know! Drop a line on our Facebook page or contact us using the fields below. We are in this with you!